The main antagonists of the game, the Syndicate are a criminal organization that has managed to infiltrate the internal government of the Kingdom of Elynsor. Their activities include, but are not limited to, drug trafficking, blackmail, and slave trade.
The Syndicate’s power and influence is so great that most of their activities were overlooked by the authorities… until the princess was kidnapped by the King’s advisor.
The first division of the Syndicate, and apparently the lowest-ranked. It is where you spend the early parts of your quest to save the princess. The members of this division seem to be the least competent (and thus lowest-ranked) people in the Syndicate, and most are pretty weak. The strongest member is Xanrud, the boss of the division.
- Xanrud – division leader
- Lady Illia – a Dominatrix in charge of slave training in the Division’s Chambers
- Enyo – a fighter from the kingdom of Honrai, she trains some of the stronger members of the division
- The Chambers – a complex consisting of several corridors and numerous rooms. You will visit it as part of the story, but you can also be sent there by losing some of the battles. There are three kinds of people you can meet there: Syndicate members, service girls belonging to the Rogues' Division, and clients that are looking to enjoy said girls. Unsurprisingly, it is where a number of scenes take place
- Grow-op – an area where various plants (likely used to produce drugs) grow. It is protected by Plant Monsters and is the place where you encounter Nebula for the first time. It is also the first spot where you can heal for free
- Bar – the starting location for Lanie’s side quest, and also where the sailor scenes take place
- Training Area – consists of two rooms: The larger one is where the Brawlers train, and the smaller one is where you encounter their master
- Barracks – an area consisting of several rooms. It’s where you see the Trouble 5 for the first time; it is also the location for a few scenes
- Mess Hall – an area with multiple members of the Syndicate (none of them hostile), several servants, and some guests, including a certain wealthy patron. To the right of it is a small library, to the left is a storeroom with nothing of interest
- Rest Area – three rooms for guests of the division. It’s the place where Irine’s exclusive scene takes place. It is also a place where you can rest if needed, as well as check your character’s Purity. You can also enjoy the services of the maid (she’s exactly the same as the maid you meet early in the game)
The second of the syndicate’s divisions, it is expected to get introduced around v 0.10. Only a few of the division’s members are known so far. Of them Nebula is the highest-ranked. The Trouble 5 are all officers of the division working for Nebula.
This division (and Nebula in particular) is responsible for the Gargoyles you encounter early in the game, as well as the Plant Monsters guarding the Grow-Op.
The portal rooms that can be found in the labyrinth are also likely the work of this Division. Currently the portal rooms cannot be used by the player character, but that might change in the future. Locations of the known rooms are:
- Portal Room 1 is south of the Syndicate Grow-Op, i.e. south of where you encounter Nebula for the first time
- Portal Room 2 is south of the Barracks (where you see the Trouble 5 for the first time)
The locations of the other portal rooms are not yet known, but it is assumed that there are many more such portals throughout the labyrinth.
- None yet
Briefly mentioned by Kita in a post he made on the LoK forums. It is the division after the Arcane. Nothing more is known about it currently.
- None yet
- None yet
When chasing Xanrud after your first encounter with him you need to get information from a pikeman. He is the first – and so far only – member of the Military Division you encounter, so nothing is really known about this part of the Syndicate, but the name indicates that the members specialize in combat and so are expected to be strong fighters.
- Lord Baeldon (no actual appearance yet)
- None yet
The Syndicate is expected to have more divisions than the ones listed above, but so far nothing has been revealed about them.